Posted on Thursday, 24 Aug 2017
The Toyota Free State Cheetahs will be facing the Xerox Golden Lions in a Currie Cup game on Saturday, 26 August. Kick-off is at 17:15
The Toyota Free State Cheetahs’ ‘pink’ game in solidarity with CANSA. Trees in and around the stadium will be covered in pink and staff and volunteers of CANSA will supply free sunscreen to spectators and supporting staff as part of the awareness campaign. CANSA will also operate a stall at gate 5 (opposite Loch Logan) where various items will be for sale to raise funds for CANSA’s care and support programmes. To commemorate the occasion and as a show of appreciation, the teams will play for a special ‘CANSA Pink’ trophy, presented by CANSA.
Coach Rory Duncan has announced his team for the encounter.
Changes to the team:
• Charles Marais will be starting as number 1 prop, with Ox Nche providing cover on the bench.
• Torsten van Jaarsveld is back in the squad after injury, providing cover on the bench for Jacques du Toit.
• Aranos Coetzee will be replacing Tom Botha on number 3 prop.
• Justin Basson will be replacing Armandt Koster on Number 4 Lock.
• Reniel Hugo will be replacing Rynier Bernardo on Number 5 Lock. Rynier Bernardo moves to the bench.
• Paul Schoeman will move from the bench to the starting line-up on Left Flank, while Gerhard Olivier will be replacing Oupa Mohoje on Right Flank.
• Captain Niell Jordaan will be replacing Jasper Wiese on Numner 8, Jasper Wiese moves to the bench.
• Tian Meyer returns to the starting line-up. Zee Mkhabela moves to the bench.
• Robbie Petzer will be making his Currie Cup debut, replacing the injured Ryno Eksteen.
• Ali Mgijima will be making his Currie Cup debut, replacing William Small-Smith on Inside Centre. William Small-Smith will move to Outside Centre.
• Rosko Speckman moves to the starting line-up on Right Wing
• Sergeal Petersen will be replacing Clayton Blommetjies, with Cecil Afrika providing cover on the bench.
• New to the bench: Ryno Benjamin
The referee for the game is Quinton Immelman. He will be assisted by Jako Kotze and Darren Colby. The TMO is Johan Greeff
Toyota Free State Cheetahs vs Xerox Golden Lions
26 August, 17:15
Toyota Stadium, Bloemfontein
1. Charles Marais
2. Jacques du Toit
3. Aranos Coetzee
4. Justin Basson
5. Reniel Hugo
6. Paul Schoeman
7. Gerhard Olivier
8. Niell Jordaan ©
9. Tian Meyer
10. Robbie Petzer
11. Mkazole Mapimpi
12. Ali Mgijima
13. William Small Smith
14. Rosko Specman
15. Sergeal Petersen
16. Ox Nche
17. Torsten van Jaarsveld
18. Rynier Bernardo
19. Jasper Wiese
20. Zee Mkhabela
21. Ryno Benjamin
22. Cecil Afrika