Posted on Friday, 14 Sep 2018
The first Guinness PRO14 match of the season on South African soil will take place in Bloemfontein where the Toyota Cheetahs host Glasgow Warriors in Toyota Stadium.
The action kicks off at 19:30 (SA time) with a live broadcast on SuperSport 1, ei sport and Free Sports (19:30). Gates open at 16:00 with a curtain raiser between the Free State and Border Woman’s teams at 17:00.
After two tough matches on tour in Ireland and Wales, the Toyota Cheetahs are ready to face Glasgow Warriors and would certainly use the home ground to their advantage.
Dave Rennie’s Warriors have made a strong start to the campaign with wins away to Connacht and at home to Munster to date. This is also a clash between two of last year’s Final Series team in Conference A.
The Toyota Cheetahs only lost twice in Bloemfontein last season, to Glasgow in round 6 and Munster in round 20.
Coach Franco Smith has announced his team for the match.
• The starting front row is: Charles Marais and Aranos Coetzee (props) and Joseph Dweba hooker. Ox Nche, Günther Janse van Vuuren and Jacques du Toit will be providing cover on the bench.
• Walt Steenkamp moves to the starting line-up with Dennis Visser on the bench.
• Due to Jasper Wiese’s injury (shoulder) the loose trio is Gerhard Oliver, Junior Pokomela and Aidon Davis. Niell Jordaan will be providing cover on the bench.
• William Small-Smith and Rabz Maxwane switch places on wing.
• Scrum halves, Tian Meyer and Shaun Venter switch place. Meyer will be leading the side onto the field for this match.
The following players are not eligible for team selection due to injury:
Quintin Vorster (ankle), Ntokosa Vidima (wrist), Dries Swanepoel (shoulder), Erich de Jager (bicep), Oupa Mohoje (knee), Luan de Bruin (ankle), Justin Basson (pneumonia), Jasper Wiese (shoulder), Louis Fouche (bicep), Zee Mkhabela (ankle), Lloyd Greeff (ankle), Elandre Huggett (knee), Sibabalo Qoma (ankle). Niell Stannard to Griffons.
PRO14 Rugby | Toyota Cheetahs vs Glasgow Warriors
15 September 2018. Kick-off: 19:30 (SA Time)
Toyota Stadium, Bloemfontein
15 Malcolm Jaer
14 William Small-Smith
13 Benhard Janse van Rensburg
12 Nico Lee
11 Rabz Maxwane
10 Tian Schoeman
9 Tian Meyer
8 Aidon Davis
7 Junior Pokomela
6 Gerhard Olivier
5 JP du Preez
4 Walt Steenkamp
3 Aranos Coetzee
2 Joseph Dweba
1 Charles Marais
16 Jacques du Toit
17 Ox Nche
18 Gunther van Rensburg
19 Dennis Visser
20 Niell Jordaan
21 Marnus van der Merwe
22 Shaun Venter
23 Ryno Eksteen
The referee for the match is Frank Murphy (IRFU, 16th competition game). He will be assisted by Andy Brace (IRFU), Cwengile Jadezweni (SARU). The TMO is Shaun Veldsman (SARU).