Posted on Thursday, 06 Aug 2018
17 August 2018 (Friday)
15:30 Welcome (Jan Ackerman)
Feedback from the last Coaches Seminar
16:00 Game Management (Franco Smith)
16:45 Tea Break
17:00 Defense (Pine Pienaar)
17:45 Warm Ups (Jonny Rourke)
- Game Day
18:15 Watching the warm up of the Toyota Free State Cheetahs and the Vodacom Blue Bulls
18 August 2018 (Saturday)
08:00 Coffee and an informal discussion
08:15 Defense review of the match between the Toyota Free State Cheetahs vs the Vodacom Blue Bulls (Charl Strydom)
09:00 Individual skill development (Dave Williams)
09:45 Tea Break
10:00 Line-outs and the set of drives (Isak van der Westhuizen)
10:30 Practical on the field
- Counter attack and transition attack (Dave Williams)
- Line-outs (Isak van der Westhuizen)
- Fitness and conditioning (Quintin Kruger)
12:00 Feedback and questions
Franco Smith Director of Rugby: Free State Cheetahs (Pty) Ltd
Isak van der Westhuizen Free State Academy Manager / Under 21 coach
MJ Smith High Performance Manager
Dave Williams Assistant Coach - Toyota Cheetahs
Johan Rourke Conditioning Coach
Charl Strydom Defense Coach - Toyota Cheetahs
Pine Pienaar Defense Consultant
Quintin Kruger Fitness & Conditioning coach - Toyota Cheetahs
• The registration fee for the seminar is R200-00 per coach. Registration fees can be deposited / paid into the account of the Free State Rugby Coaches Association [Bank: ABSA; Branch: Brandwag; Branch Code: 334334, Account Number: 1570 174 920]
• The seminar will take place at Toyota Free State Stadium.
• Please confirm your attendance by sending an e-mail to Selvyn Colby at email@example.com by Monday, 13 August 2018.
• All the attending coaches will receive a certificate of attendance.
• Coaches will be hosted in suites to watch the match between the Toyota Free State Cheetahs vs the Vodacom Blue Bulls. Refreshments will be served and a cash bar will be available.
• All local coaches, especially provincial school coaches, are encouraged to attend. These coaches will also be provided with the opportunity to become involved with the Junior Cheetah Teams.
• Accommodation is available at The Bon Hotel. The offer is as follow:
Date Days Qnt Desription Unit Price Total
17-18 Aug 2018 2 1 Single Room Incl Breakfast Only (1% Tourism Levy) R 770.00 R 1540-00
17-18 Aug 2018 2 2 Twin Rooms Incl Breakfast Only (1% Tourism Levy) R 890-00 R 1780-00
Please contact the Revenue Manager: Sylvia Morgan at 051 403 8000 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to make use of their services.